Joanna Zeigler is an Associate in the firm’s Trial & Appellate Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation practice groups. Joanna’s main practice areas include Construction, Real Estate, Land Use, & Eminent Domain, and Trust Litigation. She serves on the board of the Hawaii State Bar Association’s Environment, Energy, and Resources Section. Prior to joining the firm, Joanna was the law clerk for the Honorable Lisa M. Ginoza of the Hawaii State Intermediate Court of Appeals, where she drafted legal memoranda and assisted in writing appellate opinions and orders.
Joanna is a graduate of the University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, where she was a Staff Writer and Case Note Editor for the University of Hawaii Law Review. She competed with her team in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition at Pace University in New York. Joanna received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Administrative Law, earned a Certificate in Environmental Law, and co-directed the Environment Law Society. She also played on the UH Law School women’s flag football team, which hosted the annual Ete Bowl.
Prior to law school, Joanna served as a Field Technician with AmeriCorps in Hilo, Hawaii where she assisted in the native habitat restoration of the Palila, an endangered bird native to Hawaii, and participated in planting more than 30,000 native plants on Mauna Kea. She attended Humboldt State University where she earned a B.S. in Environmental Science, cum laude.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
- Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Appellate Section
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Section
- Real Property & Financial Services Section
- Access to Justice Room at Honolulu District Court
- The Appellate Pro Bono Program
- The Urban Lawyer
- Associate Editor (2020)
- Hooula Aina, Volunteer
- Sierra Club of Hawaii, Volunteer
- Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii, Volunteer beach clean ups
- U.S. District Court (District of Hawaii)