Business & Commercial
Please contact Christine A. Kubota for more information.
We Provide Full Service Business & Commercial Assistance to International and Domestic Clients, both Large and Small
Damon Key’s Business & Commercial team works with a wide range of industries, such as aviation, food and beverage, retail, wholesale, construction, real estate, travel, hotels, tourism, personal services, accountants, charitable organizations, publishers, Internet businesses, apparel, software, education, financial institutions and trust companies, and advertising.
Our business & commercial services include assisting clients with:
- Business Entities – selecting the type and forming business entities, terminating and converting, assisting foreign clients to register to do business in Hawaii.
- Contracts – creating and enforcing written and oral commitments of every nature.
- Banking and Finance – loans, mortgages, securitization, and other security interests.
- Business Reorganizations and Sales – mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs and split offs, and liquidations.
- Tax – planning and compliance.
- Foreign Investment – transnational transactions, tax and government reporting requirements and tax consequences (in coordination with our Immigration Law practice group and our Estate Planning practice group).
- Employment Law – human resources matters, employment and noncompete agreements, employment discrimination, employee handbooks, and plant closures.
- Administrative Law – filings and applications, and administrative hearings.
- Intellectual Property – protection of trademarks, trade names, trade dress, copyrights, and patents.
- e-Business – Internet-related legal issues, web site development agreements, cybersquatting.
- Nonprofit Laws – forming nonprofit entities and applying for 501(c)(3) status, nonprofit corporation and fundraising laws.
- Franchises – franchise law requirements, including formation, registration, operation, purchase and sale of a franchise.
- Licensing – filings and applications, and administrative hearings.
- Purchase and Sale of Business – drafting agreements, due diligence review, filings, assignments and lease review.
- Integration – integrate business concerns with immigration, estate planning and tax considerations.