Please contact Judith A. Schevtchuk for more information.
Damon Key’s Family Law Practice Group provides consultations, limited scope legal services, and litigation representation
Our services include assisting clients with:
- All Divorce Issues – (spousal & child support, property division, alimony, college expenses, provisions for special needs children, international and expatriate family issues, children’s passports and travel).
- Guardianships – Guardianships of children and temporarily or permanently incapacitated adults.
- Arbitration and Mediation – Neutral dispute resolutions in private.
- Settlements – Mediated & cooperative settlements and premarital and postmarital agreements.
- Custody Issues – Child custody / Hague Convention on International Child Abduction & Kidnapping.
- Same Sex Marriage Issues – Dissolutions of same sex marriages and civil unions.
- Adoptions – Adult and step-parent adoptions.
- International Issues – Re-adoption of children adopted internationally and immigration issues.
- Domestic violence/TROs – Domestic violence/representation at Family Court TRO proceedings.
- Military and federal civil service-specific family law issues. FERS/CSRS retirement benefits and their division in divorce, PCS transfers and Early Return of Dependents, effect of BAH/COLA post-divorce on prior financial obligations, Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Family Care Plan, Thrift Savings Plan, child support & alimony garnishment by DFAS, TRICARE eligibility issues, Post 9/11 GI Bill, veterans benefits, PTSD/TBI issues, LGBT veterans, benefits for same-sex partners of military and federal personnel.