Please contact Anna H. Oshiro for more information.
Our construction team has been practicing and making construction law in Hawaii for over 50 years.
As new construction across the state continues to accelerate, an increase in construction disputes will naturally follow. At Damon Key, it is our mission to help owners, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and material suppliers effectively and expeditiously overcome legal issues that may arise on projects of all sizes.
In a construction dispute, success can mean winning the case or crafting creative settlement options. We can help you do both. Damon Key’s construction team has been practicing and making construction law in Hawaii for over 50 years, pursuing bid protests before the procurement code was enacted, and arguing and winning actions and appeals in construction disputes. This breadth of experience enables our lawyers to approach each situation with a practical eye, employing strategic thinking and targeted action, grounded in a thorough understanding of both the law and Hawaii’s construction industry.
What we can do for you:
- Pursue and defend contractor licenses
- Review and negotiate contracts
- Prosecute and defend bond and mechanics lien claims
- Initiate and defend bid protests
- Review and evaluate potential contract claims
- Defend and advise on compliance issues
- Pursue dispute resolution of construction defect and contract disputes in mediation, arbitration, litigation, and appeals
- Pursue and litigate insurance coverage in construction disputes
The Construction Practice Group maintains a blog at hawaiiconstructionlaw.com which tracks developments in construction law both in Hawaii and across the country.