Please contact Tred R. Eyerly for more information.
Our Experienced Insurance Coverage Practice Includes All Types of Insurance Coverage Issues
Members of our Insurance Coverage Practice Group have extensive experience with insurance coverage disputes, representing both insurers and policyholders. We assist clients in coverage litigation, arbitrating, mediating and negotiating coverage disputes, and handling bad faith claims.
Our services include assisting clients with:
- Consultation and Advice – advising individuals, companies and businesses regarding risks and insurance needs, and securing adequate coverage.
- Commercial General Liability (CGL) – handling complex coverage issues involving multiple parties in coverage disputes, including construction defects, property damage and bodily injury.
- Commercial Property – representing business owners and insurers regarding a number of insurance coverage issues, including catastrophic losses to property, valuing losses, appraisals, business interruption, identifying covered causes of loss, and similar issues.
- Community Associations – assist in procuring proper insurance coverage and pursing disputed claims.
- Homeowners – resolving coverage disputes through negotiation and successfully litigating claims under homeowners’ policies, when necessary.
- Flood – working through the complex policy provisions with clients to secure coverage in flood policies under the National Flood Insurance Act.
- Automobile – handling various claims with regard to auto insurance coverage, including liability, injury, personal injury protection and property loss.
- Disability – analyzing, and successfully negotiating and/or litigating, as appropriate, claims under disability policies.
- Bad Faith – analyzing, negotiating, mediating, arbitrating and litigating, when necessary, various bad faith claims.
- Title Insurance – representing a number of both commercial and residential property owners in a variety of property title issues.
- Excess – analyzing the triggers for excess coverage and the obligations of the excess carrier, and successfully negotiating and/or litigating various claims under excess policies.
- Directors and Officer’s Liability – analyzing and advising clients on coverage options and effectively negotiating and/or litigating disputed coverage claims.
The Insurance Coverage Group maintains a blog at insurancelawhawaii.com, which tracks developments in insurance law both in Hawaii and across the country. We also author articles in nationally-recognized publications on various insurance coverage issues.